Try this Northern Lights tour into the Lapland wilderness by snowmobile! In this 3-hour drive you will be taken by snowmobile through the snow forests of Lapland! During the tour you will be enjoying a Lapland style BBQ snack, sausages and juice! Also vegetarian option is available by request.
This 3-hour Northern Lights hunting tour by snowmobile will take you deeper into the wonderful winter landscape of the Arctic circle in order to chase the Auroras! Let our guide lead you on a different kind of a snowmobile adventure in the nearly unlit nature, where only moonlight, stars and snowmobile headlights will light your way. In the middle of the wilderness, we will take a break to look to the skies. You will be surrounded by forests and lakes that are rising like mysterious shadows towards the night sky and then will drive the snowmobile through the snow-covered landscapes. The guide will prepare an open fire for you to warm up, and you can enjoy warm refreshments, grilled sausages and wait for the Northern Lights to show up and dance for us in the night sky. If we are lucky and the sky is clear, we might see the flaming Northern Lights dancing in the sky while we experience the silence!
This excursion suits best for adults. A valid driving license is required to drive a snowmobile, but also children can join the safari sitting on a sledge under warm blankets. Note the late time of the excursion!
- Pick up from accommodation
- Guide services
- Snowmobiling equipment
- Thermal overalls
- Sausages (vegetarian/vegan alternative upon request) and beverages by open fire.
- Transfer back to your accommodation
- Bring Voucher and valid driving license.
- Please note: in order to drive a snowmobile, a valid drivers license is required and You will be asked to present your license prior to departure.
- 2 adults share 1 snowmobile. If the number of people in the group is an odd number, someone in the group will have to share a snowmobile with another member of the activity. Single driving is available as supplement for adults.
- In order to drive a snowmobile, a valid drivers license is required. A picture of your driving license won’t be accepted. If you do not bring your driving license you won’t be able to drive a snowmobile and no refund can be offered.Children 0-14 years old are seated in a sledge behind the guide’s snowmobile. We recommend one of the parents to sit with a small child in the sledge for the child’s safety.
- If a child over 140 cm wishes to sit in a snowmobile as a passenger, a full adult price will be charged (according to availability).
- Driving time by snowmobile is between 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on weather conditions and participants abilities.
- Northern lights are related to weather conditions, so they are not guaranteed.
- Transfers from/to accommodations are included within 10 km distance from our office. Pickups will start 30 minutes to 1-hour before the tour starts. Exact pickup time will be informed by email the day before. If you don´t receive this email, please contact us.
- Missed meeting time and point will result on missed safari which will not be refunded.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded. Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
Meeting point : Arctic Circle Snowmobile Park Safari house
Pickup is offered in following places
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Scandic Polar
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Rovaniemi Airport
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Glass Resort
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic City Hotel
- Nova Skyland
- santa´s igloos
- Motelli Rovaniemi
- Arctic delight resort