The amazing Rovaniemi 2-day adventure package is designed to tick off the best and most popular Rovaniemi activities from your to-do list. Snowmobiling experience, polar bears, arctic animals, northern lights, husky and reindeer farm visits are included! The activities were specifically selected to ensure an adventure filled holiday during your stay in Rovaniemi.
Snowmobile experience, Santa Claus Village, husky and reindeer farm visit and northern lights search…
On your first day you will be picked up at your accommodation in Rovaniemi and transferred to the snowmobile park office where you will receive appropriate winter clothes for your experiences. At 11:00 you will depart on an unforgettable snowmobile journey through Arctic Circle forests to the traditional husky and reindeer farms. After your arrival these cute animals will be presented to you, and a formal introduction to their lifestyle will be explained. After the introduction and some cuddling you will be able to experience the thrill of reindeer and husky sledge rides. Warm tea and biscuits will be offered inside a private hut, to keep you warm.
Afterwards you will jump on the snowmobile and drive back to Santa Claus Village where you have free time to admire the site, step across the Arctic Circle, and who knows, maybe visit Santa himself. Around 16:00 you will be driven home to have some rest before departure in the evening, in the search of the Northern Lights. The search will take about 2 hours and the guides will target the best spots in the Arctic Circle area. Drop-off is included and the guides will drive you home afterwards.
Polar bears and arctic Animals…
On your second day in the morning, around 09:30, guides will pick you up at your accommodation and start the journey to Ranua village, where you will visit the wildlife park. Ranua Wildlife Park is the northernmost zoo in Finland. This Arctic zoo is unique not only for its location, but also for its local animals that call this region their home. You will be able to see the polar bears among 50 other arctic species! The zoo is perfect for getting to know native arctic fauna. The zoo tour will take about 2 hours and there will be free time for lunch if needed. Finally, you will be transferred back to your accommodation in Rovaniemi.
This excursion is suited for everybody, but a valid driving license is required to drive a snowmobile. Children and adults without valid drivers’ licenses can join the safari comfortably seated on a sledge behind the snowmobile.
- Pickup and Drop-off at Accommodation
- Snowmobile Safari
- Winter Clothes / Overalls
- Reindeer and Husky Farm Visit
- Reindeer and Husky Sleigh Ride
- Ranua Zoo visit with Entrance
- Northern Lights Tour
- Electronic or printed voucher.
- In order to drive a snowmobile, a valid driver’s license (class B) is required. A provisional license or a picture of the driving license won’t be accepted. The driving license must be recognizable in English. If you do not bring your driving license you won’t be able to drive a snowmobile and no refund can be offered.
- Children and adults without a drivers’ license can join the safari by sitting on the sledge.
- 2 adults share 1 snowmobile. If the number of people in the group is an odd number, someone in the group will have to share a snowmobile with another member of the activity. Single driving is available as supplement for adults.
- Obligatory voucher presentation.
Meeting point : Arctic Circle Snowmobile Park
Pickup is offered in following places
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Scandic Polar
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Rovaniemi Airport
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Glass Resort
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic City Hotel
- Nova Skyland
- santa´s igloos
- Motelli Rovaniemi
- Arctic delight resort