Day trip to Ranua Wildlife Park to see Polar Beers and 200 Arctic species! If encountering a bear roaming free in nature doesn’t sound tempting, this 2,5 km walk in the magical forest will allow you to meet many animals that can be found in the arctics!
After pickup at your accommodation you will be driven to Ranua Wildlife Park. Located approximately an hour’s drive away, Ranua Zoo is home to around 50 species of wild arctic animals and 200 animal specimens. All animals live in an environment that is as natural and arctic as possible, which guarantees that the animals feel at home! The excursion suits for the whole family. Actually Ranua Zoo is Lapland’s leading destination of family travelling. There are also some sleds available for smaller children, in case they get tired of walking. The expert guide will make your Wildlife Park visit even more rewarding: the guide will tell you detailed information about the animals and their personalities as well as answer your questions about their living habits and about the arctic nature. Polar bears, Arctic Fox`s, Wolverines, and Lynx`s are some of the most popular animals to see among others! Welcome to the northernmost zoo in Finland and the second in the world!
– Pickup / Drop Off at Accommodation
– Winter Clothes on Request
– Professional Guidance
- Valid Id card and Voucher
- Pick-up and drop off at accommodation in Rovaniemi center (6 km radio)
- Pickups are made within 30 minutes before tour starts.
- The zoo is outdoors, so prepare yourself with adequate clothing. On request we can arrange warm winter clothing.
Meeting point: Arctic Circle Snowmobile Park Safari house