Visit a local Lappish home and handicraft workshop and get to know the secrets of local food
Today you will discover what is inside the wooden walls of a traditional Lappish home, as a local family warmly welcomes you to step in. During the visit, you will be introduced to the craft of reindeer antler carving, as your hosts are specialised in handicrafts using local natural materials. Your self-prepared piece of art you may, of course, take home as a keepsake! Afterwards you taste and learn that Finnish wellbeing comes from the nature – local snack with blueberry juice will complete the local experience.
Program transfers, guidance in English, handicraft workshop, local snack
Bring along your camera and curiosity
Please inform us of any food allergies.
Please notice that the meeting/pick-up times for the excursion vary depending on the meeting/pick-up point you have chosen, so we kindly ask you to check carefully the correct time from your ticket attached to the confirmation e-mail.
Meeting point : Lapland Safaris Rovaniemi Safari Office / Scandic Pohjanhovi reception
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel reception
- In front of Arctic Circle Information (for guests staying in Santa Claus Holiday Village, Glass Resort and Nova Skyland Hotel)
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets reception
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara reception
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle reception
- Santasport reception