Traditional dinner in a traditional setting – enjoy an evening of Lapland food and culture
Experience a traditional Kota dinner by the open fire! The evening starts with a short coach transfer to a cosy wilderness kota. Here you can relax by the fire and enjoy traditional cold and warm smoked salmon as appetizers, with children having the opportunity to fry sausages by the fire! The chef has prepared a traditional Finnish main course, Karelian hotpot (mixed meat casserole with mixed root vegetable) together with mashed potatoes. As dessert, pancakes are prepared by the open fire. You may even make your own pancake before transferring back to the city!
Program transfers, thermal outfit, guidance in English, 3-course wilderness dinner by open fire.
Karelian hotpot with mashed potatoes
Coffee or tea
This program includes a set menu, so please advise on any special diets or food allergies in advance.
Please notice that the meeting/pick-up times for the excursion vary depending on the meeting/pick-up point you have chosen, so we kindly ask you to check carefully the correct time from your ticket attached to the confirmation e-mail.
Meeting point : Lapland Safaris Rovaniemi Safari Office
Pickup is offered in following places
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets reception
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle reception
- Santasport reception
- Lapland Safaris meeting point next to Santa’s Pizza & Burger at north end of the Santa Claus Village (Guests staying in Santa Claus Holiday Village, Glass Resort and Nova Skyland Hotel)
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara reception
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel reception