Ride the snowy trails on an electrically-assisted fatbike
With this safari, you’ll have the unique chance to try out electric bikes and how they do in the Arctic. The journey starts right from the centre of Rovaniemi, where you’ll get to ride along ice- and snow-covered River Kemi to the renowned Ounasvaara hill. Then, it’s time to start the fun part – narrow winter biking tracks lead you all the way up to the top of the hill. While preparing for the next leg of the trip, you’ll get to stop at the rooftop terrace of Sky Hotel Ounasvaara and enjoy hot chocolate with a spectacular view over Rovaniemi. After the break, a snowy off-road track will lead you back down to the city.
Thermal outfit, guidance in English, hot chocolate, break and equipment
Safari is suitable for children over 12 years and 150 cm tall.
Requires basic knowledge of riding a bike.
Please advise your height and we will reserve right bike size for you.
Bikes can be also rented.
Please notice that the meeting/pick-up times for the excursion vary depending on the meeting/pick-up point you have chosen, so we kindly ask you to check carefully the correct time from your ticket attached to the confirmation e-mail.
Meeting point : Lapland Safaris Rovaniemi Safari Office
Pickup is offered in following places
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets reception
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle reception
- Santasport reception
- Lapland Safaris meeting point next to Santa’s Pizza & Burger at north end of the Santa Claus Village (Guests staying in Santa Claus Holiday Village, Glass Resort and Nova Skyland Hotel)
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara reception
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel reception