Welcome to an unforgettable adventure in the unique nature of Lapland. We offer the opportunity to experience authentic Lapland when you sleep in a wooden laavu—a traditional Lapland hut—under the starry sky, the Northern Lights and in the midst of reindeer.
Our laavu accommodation is a unique experience that combines closeness to nature and authenticity. Our laavu is built in the traditional way, and you’ll sleep in a sleeping bag made from real reindeer fur. Conditions permitting, you’ll see the Northern Lights and stunning stars in a beautiful dark sky. You can enjoy this miracle of nature from the laavu, right next to the warming campfire.
In the morning, you’ll wake to the fresh, frosty air and start your day by feeding the reindeer that have spent the night under the same starry sky. Next, we serve a local breakfast, enjoyed by the campfire.
Spending the night at a laavu under the Northern Lights and starry sky is an unforgettable experience that combines Lapland’s wonderful nature and traditions. Come and experience this unique adventure and enjoy the authentic atmosphere of Lapland.
– Transportation from your accommodation and back.
– Guide services throughout the night
– Breakfast and evening snack
– Reindeer fur sleeping bag (includes a protective inner layer)
– Warm winter clothes and shoes. We recommend a warm underlayer.
– The overnight stay takes place in the cold outside air. There is also a warm space near the laavu where you can sleep if necessary.
– It is your responsibility to dress warmly. (We recommend rather too many layers that can be removed depending on weather.)
– Minimum age limit: 12 years old
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Scandic Rovaniemi City