Lapland’s magical and snowy nature speaks with its beauty and silence. The sky of the Arctic Circle area is optimal for hunting the Northern Lights, nature’s fireworks. The best opportunity to explore this unique nature and to hunt the aurora borealis is to make an excursion at our private resort on a silent electric snowmobile, surrounded by peaceful nature and the animals of the forest. Porovaara Hill Resort is located only a 20-minute drive from the Rovaniemi city centre, entirely in its own peace. Tens of square kilometres of almost untouched nature open up from the resort area. Our Resort is far enough from city’s light pollution, and therefore an ideal place to observe the magical the northern lights.
The silent and low-emission electric snowmobile allows you to get closer to the magical environment of the forest. Along the excursion, you’ll have the opportunity of a guided session to make your own campfire and heat up your drink in the tradition of Lapland. The Porovaara area is a natural reindeer herding area, so seeing and meeting reindeer is guaranteed. After your electric snowmobile ride, you can get to know our reindeer better and feed them at our private reindeer farm. NOTE: Please remember that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and therefore their visibility can not guaranteed.
- Transportation to the Porovaraa Hill private resort and back.
- 1,5 h drive (including the break) on an electric snowmobile: two persons (from the same group) per snowmobile. You can swap drivers mid-route, if you’d like.
- Guiding. The guide will also inform travellers how to drive a snowmobile.
- A break (around 40 min) along a private trail where a campfire and coffee / tea is brewed and where we observe Lapland’s winter-time nature
- Visit to our private reindeer fence in Porovaara Hill.
- Helmet, warm winter clothing, shoes.
- Snacks and hot drink.
* Drivers should bring a category B driving license, which is valid in Europe.
* Travellers should have warm underwear.
- As the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, their visibility is not guaranteed.
- The minimum number of participants required for this activity is two paying adults.
- This activity depends on snow. If the snowmobile tour is cancelled because of the lack of snow in early winter (November-December) or late spring (April), the refund is 100%.
- Duration of 3 hours includes the transport time needed to arrive to our location and to return to the pick-up place.
- The driver must be at least 18 years old and have a category B driving license, which is valid in Europe.
- You are not allowed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while driving.
- 2 people (from the same family or group) get on one snowmobile. Drivers are changed halfway through the ride if necessary.
- The guide is followed by a sleigh where the younger children can go.
- You need to bring suitable underwear, e.g. a warm layer.
- You can take your camera and phone along for the ride.
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Scandic Rovaniemi City