3 hour program picking berries, herbs and mushrooms, live off the land like a local!
Finnish forests are full of pure health and superfood! Join our tour and learn more about herbs, berries and mushrooms growing locally. Learn about the strong culture of living off the land, and gather superfood from our own forests like a local.
After walking in the calming forest and gathering nature's goods, we’ll enjoy a snack around the campfire. If we have enough gathered berries, we can prepare them together for a tasty treat!
Depending on the weather conditions we can visit the ancient Viking burial grounds located about 1 km from the kennel.
- Informative talk about gathering culture in Finland
- History about the area
- Briefing at kennel
- Snack and juice
- Vessel for gathered goods
- Suitable clothing and shoes depending on the weather
Meeting place and time
The tour includes transfers. Please check with firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Pick up spots:
– Santa Claus Holiday Village
– Ounasvaara Rovaniemi
– Hostel Cafe Koti
– K-market Sinettä
Meeting point : Bearhill Husky Main Kennel gate
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Snow Hotel – Lehtojärvi
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel reception
- Bearhill Husky at the Santa Claus Village – Santa’s Husky Rides
- Hostel Cafe Koti lobby
- K-Market Sinettä
- Lapland Hotel Sky Ounasvaara
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Santa Claus Holiday Village reception (Tähtikuja 3)