Snowshoeing is one of the best ways to move in deep snow. Dating back at least 3500 years, this ancient form of winter hiking is ideal for exploring the Lappish nature offering great opportunities for photography.
Snowshoes grant us access to remote areas allowing us to connect with untouched nature and take in the glorious atmosphere of Arctic forests. From Rovaniemi we will travel by minivan to our location hidden in the woods. We provide you with high quality snowshoes, especially made for deep-snow hiking and take a few kilometers’ hike in the wilderness.
During the day, we will have a break in a wooden shelter where we will build a campfire and enjoy some snacks while photographing the Arctic nature. The tour is guided by a professional photographer who will also teach you some tricks and techniques for your own landscape and nature photography. If we are in luck, we may encounter some wildlife during our adventure.
- wilderness/photography guide
- hot drinks and snacks
- snowshoeing trip to Arctic nature
- hotel pick-up & drop-off
- minivan transportation
- snowshoes & poles
- warm clothing & winter boots (if needed)
Meeting point: Beyond Arctic office
Pickup is offered in following places
- Aakenus Hotel reception
- Arctic Circle Wilderness lodge reception
- Arctic Treehouse reception
- Guesthouse Borealis
- Lapland Hotel Sky Ounasvaara reception
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Nova Skyland reception
- Santa Claus Holiday Village reception
- Santa Sport reception
- Santa’s Igloos reception
- Snowman World Glass resort
- Vartiosaari (parking place)