How to catch fish when it’s hiding under a one-meter layer of ice? You will learn that and much more, as we take you ice fishing on a frozen lake amidst beautiful winter scenery.
We will travel 20 minutes from Rovaniemi by minivan and take a short walk to reach the lake. The main activity is of course fishing itself, but the frozen lake also offers an ideal setting for landscape and wildlife photos.
Once we reach the lake, we will teach you the basics of ice fishing and enjoy a pleasant afternoon fishing and photographing. We will set up a campfire and enjoy some hot drinks and snacks – and of course fry our catch of the day!
- Wilderness/photography guide
- hot drinks and snacks
- ice fishing trip to frozen lake
- hotel pick-up & drop-off
- minivan transportation
- ice fishing equipment
- warm clothing & winter boots (if needed)
This activity is suitable for families with children.
Meeting point : Beyond Arctic office
Pickup is offered in following places
- Aakenus Hotel reception
- Arctic Treehouse reception
- Beyond Arctic Office
- Glass resort
- Guesthouse Borealis
- Lapland Hotel Sky Ounasvaara reception
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Nova Skyland reception
- Santa Claus Holiday Village reception
- Santa Sport reception
- Santa’s Igloos reception
- Vartiosaari (parking place)