For families with smaller children, this tour offers excitement and fun for both parents and the juniors.
First we snowmobile through forest trails and wonderful landscapes around Santa Claus Village, children enjoying the ride seated comfortably in a sleigh pulled by our guide. After the ride, we arrive at an enclosed driving area with mini-snowmobiles for children to try driving safely. Guide will prepare a campfire around which your whole family can grill sausages, marshmallows and enjoy warm drinks.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
- Minimum of 2 persons paying the adult price
- Will not be operated in insufficient snow conditions
Meeting point : Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Apukka Resort
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Hostel Café Koti
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Arctic City Hotel
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Bus Stop Outside Guest House Borealis