This snowmobile tour is specialised for families with little children. We will go for the ride on the forest trails around Santa Claus Village area, where parents can ride their own snowmobile and children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. Children over 140 cm in height are allowed to sit on the snowmobile when paying the adult price. You will enjoy the beautiful wintry scenery, during the way we will make several stops to admire snowy nature. After adult-snowmobiling, it is time for children to have more fun. We arrive at a special area, where it is safe for children to ride on their own on a mini-snowmobile. Riding the mini-snowmobile is suitable for children up to 11 – 12 years old. Small children will be helped by the guide. At the same time the guide will light up a bonfire and we will enjoy a picnic where everyone can grill traditional Finnish “makkara” sausages and enjoy Lappish berry juice to keep you warm.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
– Minimum of 2 persons paying the adult price
– Available daily at 14:00
– Operated from 1st of December to 31st of March
– Will not be operated in insufficient snow conditions
Meeting point: Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Apukka Resort
- Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Bus Stop Outside Guest House Borealis
- Hostel Café Koti
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City