Never driven a snowmobile, but keen to try it out? This short tour is perfect for you! You’ll get a taste of snowmobiling while we ride through the beautiful wintry landscape around Arctic Circle. For participants' safety and comfort, the speed of the snowmobiles is limited.
If you do not have a driver's license you can also join this tour in the sleigh pulled by our guide's snowmobile.
Duration of the program is 1 hour, including preparations. The riding time on the snowmobiles is approximately 30 – 40 minutes.
The average speed during our short tours is limited due to safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city centre hotels.
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a balaclava and helmet).
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 30 – 40 minutes.
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request.
- Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
– Minimum of 2 persons paying the adult price
– Available daily at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00 and 16:00
– Operated from 1st of December to 31st of March
– Will not be operated in insufficient snow conditions
Meeting point : Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Ounasvaara Area: Ounasvaara Chalets
- Ounasvaara area: Santasport
- Ounasvaara area: Sky Ounasvaara
- Rovaniemi City Center Meeting Point – Corner of Rovakatu with Pekankatu by Sampokeskus mall entrance
- Santa Claus Village Area – Wild Nordic Safari Center