Experience the magic of arctic nature during the night time, following the trails far from the city lights with just the snowmobiles headlights and moon illuminating the way ahead!
During a small break around the campfire, you can grill sausages, enjoy a hot drink and listen to your guides' stories about The Northern Lights. With favorable weather conditions and a pinch of luck, you may even get to witness this magical phenomenon with your own eyes.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30–40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. The tour is suitable for families with children; children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. We recommend having an early dinner in the hotel before the departure.
Please note: northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the tour. The tour date can be moved free of charge once (depending on availability, excl. group reservations), please contact email@example.com by 16.00 on the original date.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Grilled sausages on open fire
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
– Available daily at 19:00 from 01.12 – 14.03 and daily at 20:00 from 15.03 – 31.03
– Operated from 1st of December to 31st of March
– Will not be operated in insufficient snow conditions
– Please note: the northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the tour. The tour date can be moved free of charge once (depending on availability, excl. group reservations), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 16.00 on the original date.
Meeting point : Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Apukka Resort
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Hostel Café Koti
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Arctic City Hotel
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Bus Stop Outside Guest House Borealis