This evening departure of a snowmobile safari will be a special experience to discover the magic of snowy forests in the night. Given extra light by the white snow reflection or the stars and the moon, we follow the snowmobile trails away from city lights and look for a spot to admire the sky. The guide will light up a campfire and we will enjoy a picnic while waiting for the northern lights to appear. Everyone can grill traditional Finnish “makkara” sausages on the fire and enjoy Lappish berry juice to keep you warm. For taking proper photos in darkness, you can bring along a tripod for your camera.
Duration of the program is 3 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. The tour is suitable for families with children; children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. We recommend having an early dinner in the hotel before the departure.
Please note: the northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the tour. The tour date can be moved free of charge once (depending on availability, excl. group reservations), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by 16.00 on the original date.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Grilled sausages on open fire
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
– Minimum of 2 persons paying the adult price
– Available daily at 19:00 from 01.12 – 14.03 and daily at 20:00 from 15.03 – 31.03
– Operated from 1st of December to 31st of March
– Will not be operated in insufficient snow conditions
– Please note: the northern lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the tour. The tour date can be moved free of charge once (depending on availability, excl. group reservations), please contact email@example.com by 16.00 on the original date.
Meeting point: Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Apukka Resort
- Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Bus Stop Outside Guest House Borealis
- Hostel Café Koti
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City