A peaceful electric snowmobile safari at Porovaara Hill (“Reindeer Hill”), a unique private resort located about 20 minutes from the Rovaniemi’s city centre. Get to know the wintertime nature on a silent and C02 emission-free electric snowmobile safari, with plenty of time to explore the wonderful wilderness at your own leisure. The area is a natural wintering area for reindeer, so you’ll probably see reindeer living in the beautiful Lappish forest. This 3,5 h electric snowmobile safari has a clearly longer riding time than the 2,5 hours safari and we go with snowmobiles deeper into the forest. Along the way, stop for a campfire and enjoy the silence and a cup of something warm. After the ride, head to the reindeer fences to feed the majestic animals and learn about herding with your guide. The package also includes enjoying grilled sausages and hot drinks at our Lappish kota building in our resort.
- Transportation to the Porovaraa Hill private resort and back.
- 2,5 h drive (including the breaks) on an electric snowmobile: two persons (from the same group) per snowmobile. You can swap drivers mid-route, if you’d like.
- Guiding. The guide will also inform travellers how to drive a snowmobile.
- Two breaks (totally around 45 min) along a private trail where a campfire and coffee / tea is brewed and where we observe Lapland’s winter-time nature
- Visit to our private reindeer fence in Porovaara Hill.
- Helmet, warm winter clothing, shoes.
- Snacks and hot drink.
* Drivers should bring a category B driving license, which is valid in Europe.
* Travellers should have warm underwear.
- The minimum number of participants required for this activity is two paying adults.
- This activity depends on snow. If the snowmobile tour is cancelled because of the lack of snow in early winter (November-December) or late spring (April), the refund is 100%.
- Duration of 3,5 hours includes the transport time needed to arrive to our location and to return to the pick-up place.
- The driver must be at least 18 years old and have a category B driving license, which is valid in Europe.
- You are not allowed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while driving.
- 2 people (from the same family or group) get on one snowmobile. Drivers are changed halfway through the ride if necessary.
- The guide is followed by a sleigh where the younger children can go.
- You need to bring suitable underwear, e.g. a warm layer.
- You can take your camera and phone along for the ride.
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Scandic Rovaniemi City