Sauna has played an important role in Finnish life and culture for thousands of years, and it’s even included in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List. Bringing relaxation, purification and plenty of physical health benefits, sauna is somewhat a sacred place for Finns. And once in Finland, it’s certainly a “must” to experience the sauna yourself. Upon your arrival to the Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort, you’ll be greeted by our Sauna hostess who’ll introduce you to the sauna culture. When in the warmth of the sauna, you can try the cleanse with a birch twig (“vasta”), sauna honey or by rolling in the snow – or just relax and enjoy the steams with a refreshment in your hand.
Please note: Maximum capacity for this experience is 6 persons. Towels and non-alcoholic beverage are included, just bring your own swimsuit. It’s guaranteed that you will feel hungry after the sauna – if you wish to combine this tour with a delicious dinner at our resort's restaurant, please contact our team via email@example.com.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- All described activities, services and equipment
- Refreshments, birch twig (''vasta''), sauna honey.
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
– Minimum of 2 persons paying the adult price
– Available daily at 17:00 and 19:00 from 01.12 – 31.3.
Meeting point : Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Apukka Resort
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Hostel Café Koti
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Arctic City Hotel
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Bus Stop Outside Guest House Borealis