Experience the incredible frozen waterfalls of Korouoma. The air is crisp and invigorating, a testament to the untouched beauty of the Finnish wilderness. Suddenly, the trees part, and you’re greeted by the awe-inspiring sight of Korouoma Canyon. Towering cliffs of layered rock surround you, their faces adorned with frozen waterfalls that glitter like crystal sculptures in the winter sun. You find yourself mesmerized by the frozen grandeur around every turn – delicate icicles clinging to rock walls, frozen cascades suspended in mid-flow, and the serene stillness of the snow-covered landscape.
We provide the below items, included in the tour price.
- A Tour Guide in English (other languages available on request: French, Spanish)
- Winter Boots
- Thermal winter overall
- Childrens Thermal Winter Overall
- Food & Drinks ( Bread, cookies, water, traditional warm blueberry juice)
- Special Dietary Requirements / Allergies
- Ice climbing spikes to attach to your shoes
- Pick -ups and drop -offs are included in the price
We will always provide you with proper winter gear, but if you have good and warm hiking equipment available, feel free to use them instead.
( Before going to the activity, our guides will instruct you on what equipment to wear depending on the weather conditions. )
Before booking, we would like to advise that this activity has 2 different route choices.
- Longer route (5.5 Kilometers), this route is recommended for those who want the whole hiking experience. This route provides 2 stopping points at the halfway mark of the course, where we will stop and have our lunch. A bit further we will stop again at the highest point of the course which is the best place to take pictures. This route is challenging due to many uphills and the icy surfaces so previous hiking experience is highly recommended.
- Shorter route (~ 1km), This option is for those with limited mobility and/or children. This option is much easier, since the hike is much shorter and for this option the lunch spot is a kota with a fireplace, which is very close to the main attraction itself.
Product may be cancelled or rescheduled if the group size is smaller than 2 persons
Meeting point : StayLapland Dressing Room
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel
- Bus station
- From your accommodation
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Korkalonkatu 36 – Snowflake suites
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Rovaniemi
- Rovakatu 3
- Rovaniemi Airport
- Rovaniemi Airport
- Rovaniemi City
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Polar
- Scandic Rovaniemi City