We know nature is unpredictable so we offer you 3 or 5-day pass to increase your chances of seeing the Northern Lights. Our guides will show you where can you see the northern lights from and help you with capturing them on camera.
Choose from 3 or 5-day pass and check in with us every day to embark on a once in lifetime Aurora Borealis adventure. Come to the bright side, we have cookies!
Everyone will tell you that seeing the bright frolicking Northern Lights is a breathtaking experience. What they don't tell you that sometimes it takes more than one try, to see the lights. And, even then it doesn't all go without a hitch.
So, that's why we offer a multi-day pass, to increase your chances of seeing the Aurora Borealis! Buying a pass is more economical than taking a tour each day until you see the lights. Plus, you get to visit different locations each day. Explore different landscapes, and take beautiful photos of Finish nature. Depending on where the lights are we’ll see hills, forests, and meadows, and enjoy the starry nights by the lake.
All you need to do is to check in each day (please read the additional information carefully!). It's important to check in, so you can reserve your spot in the mini-bus. Our mini-bus is warm, comfortable and safe for driving in snow and ice. Once we're all safely loaded in the bus your professional guide will take you to the best place to see the Northern Lights. Your Aurora expert will choose the best location for Aurora sights. We will visit different locations each day unless we know for sure that Northern lights will appear on a certain location, then we’ll go there (even if we visited it before) to enjoy the light show.The best time to go Aurora chasing is winter. You need dark nights and clear skies to see the dancing light show.
Some believe that January – March is the best time to see the lights, but many find autumn the best. Season of the Northern Lights in Rovaniemi is October – April.
Northern Lights appear when tiny electronically charged particles from the Sun boost with oxygen and nitrogen atoms from the Earth's atmosphere. The lights appear green, blue, purple, and sometimes even crimson red with orangey shades of coral and pink. Our guide will help you to set up the camera and give you some good tips on how to capture the lights. But, before you hurry to snap as many photos as you can, take some time to let go and immerse yourself in the beauty of Lappish night sky.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- 3 – 5 Days Northern Lights hunting pass
- Each day's tour is 3-4 hours to the best spot for the day
- Professional English speaking Aurora expert
- Photography tips from a Northern Lights professional
- Hot drinks and cookies
- Transportation during the tour
- Northern lights (if we’re lucky and if the weather’s right)
- Warm outdoor clothing, winter shoes, woolen socks
- Gloves, scarf and head-wear
- Camera (recommended)
- Tripod (recommended)
Please note: you must check in each day to reserve your seat on that night's tour.
Even on the first day that your pass is valid you still need to check in before 1pm if you wish to join the tour that day. Simply send an email, whatsapp, wechat, viber or call before 1pm to confirm that you want to reserve a seat.
- if you check-in/reserve a seat and do not show up on time for the departure, your Aurora Pass will expire.
- This pass cannot be transferred. Each pass is only valid for one customer to use for the whole week.
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise.
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old.
- Northern Lights are a natural occurrence and we are unable to guarantee activity, vibrancy or colour on the evening of the adventure
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation.
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- . To be announced (I haven’t booked a hotel yet)
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Nova Skyland Hotel
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa Claus Holiday Village, Lobby/Three elves restaurant
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City