Lampivaara Amethyst Mine is a unique attraction in Lapland. This real and special gem mine is located on the top of a fell in the middle of Pyhä-Luosto national park. The geological age of the area is billions of years. The view at and from the mine is breathtaking and the site beams positive energy stored in stones. Amethyst Mine is operating in extraordinary way: no big machines are used for digging and none of the rich deposit is sold as a raw material. The sustainable Amethyst Mine is welcoming visitors all year round. The open quarry is partly covered and well lighted for digging in winter.
AMETHYST MINE TOUR (about 2 hours) includes:
• Return transfer from Ukko-Luosto parking lot with special “snowtrain” called Amethyst Pendolino. It is a warmed wagon pulled by a snow vehicle. There are seats for 32-35 persons.
Travelling time is about 20 min/one way. Warm berry juice will be served upon arrival.
• An informative story of amethyst that includes explanations about the geology and nature of the area and the formation of amethyst crystals 2000 million years ago.
Stories contain also beliefs that are associated to this purple gemstone all of which are positive.
• Some time to take photos.
• The joy of digging and finding own amethyst to keep as a souvenir. One stone is included and it should fit into your fist. There is a small fee if you wish to take more stones.
• A visit to small shop from where it is possible to buy stones and locally made amethyst jewellery that is not sold anywhere else. One can also become owner of the mine by purchasing a share
with a certificate that is fine piece of art, a hand pulled original etching.
Departure from Ukko-Luosto parking lot at 11:30 and 14:30 66€/adult and 32€/child (3-12 years)
Departure from Lampivaara Cafe at 12:00 and 15:00 34€/adult and 16€/child (3-12 years)