COVID – 19
PLAN YOUR TRIP HOME NOW – EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES
VISIT ROVANIEMI INFORMATION ON COVID – 19 (page updated 27th of March)
Many flights are cancelled, dear travelers go to the nearest airport to rearrange your return! Contact your tour operators and airlines! Utilize the daily connections to Helsinki. From Helsinki there are flight options to many destinations:
Finnair flies once daily on 70-seater to Rovaniemi arriving in 13.10 and departing 13.40. Kindly notice that the tickets by Finnair can be changed exceptionally well now.
VR Due to the coronasituation, VR has cancelled some of their long distance and commuter traffic departures. Find this information on their website https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/traffic_info. Some departures will be replaced by buses, you can find information about the replacements on the same page.
Finavia (Finnish airports)
easyJet has informed about pick up flights from Rovaniemi to London on Sun 22.3. and Wed 25.3. kindly check the situation, that might change.
Norwegian At the moment there is one daily connection available from Rovaniemi to Helsinki.
Rovaniemi Airport is open and there are 2-3 daily flights to Helsinki (at 13-14 and at 18) by Finnair.
Some tour operators (TUI/NL) are organizing charter flights for picking up the clients. These flights cannot be tracked in web sales – thus the only way catching the flight is connecting the tour operator directly. These flights can only be operated under exceptional permission. Foreign travellers cannot arrive in to Finland on these so called pick up flights.
The Emergency Legislation set by Finnish Government (since 18th March) has closed Finland´s borders and Passenger Traffic to and from Finland, starting 19th March 2020 at midnight and until 13th April 2020! Dear travelers this applies to everyone except Finnish citizens and foreigners with permanent residence in Finland.
Public gatherings are limited to no more than ten persons, and it is recommend to avoid spending unnecessary time in public places!
Read here: Government, in cooperation with the President of the Republic, declares a state of emergency in Finland over coronavirus outbreak
- All national and municipal museums, theatres, the National Opera, cultural venues, libraries, mobile libraries, services for customers and researchers at the National Archives, hobby and leisure centres, swimming pools and other sports facilities, youth centres, clubs, organisations’ meeting rooms, day care services for the elderly, rehabilitative work facilities and workshops will be closed
- Private and third-sector operators and religious communities are advised to do the same
In case of Illness
- Stay home if you have mild symptoms and seek medical help only if your symptoms are severe (24/7): call before you go to the hospital, Lapland Central Hospital 016 322 4800
- If you have mild respiratory tract infection symptoms, such as rhinitis, cough, throat pain, muscle pain, or fever, stay at home to rest and recuperate. Stay home until the symptoms go away.
- Contact your healthcare provider only if you experience severe symptoms such as shortness of breath or if your overall condition gets worse. In that case, contact your healthcare provider by phone to prevent spreading the disease to others
- The aim is to ensure that those suffering from severe symptoms are able to receive treatment
- Avoid contact with others if you have symptoms of respiratory infection. Do not go to work or school when sick, and do not take sick children to day care or to the grandparents. That way, you are helping protect the elderly and people who are susceptible to coronavirus because of their primary disease
- You will be given instructions on the phone. In Rovaniemi area
- Health Center phonenumbers and openinghours: Mon – Thur. From 8 am to 4 pm, Fri. From 8 am to 3 pm.
Urheilukadun Health Center, Tel. 016 322 4600, Address: Urheilukatu 5-7
Pulkamontie Health Center, Tel. 016 322 4610, Address: Pulkamontie 4
Rinteenkulma Health Center, Tel. 016 322 4620, Address: Koskikatu 25 (3rd Floor)
Outside opening hours call Lapland Hospital District / Lapland Central Hospital 016 322 4800
- Address: Ounasrinteentie 22, Rovaniemi, http://www.lshp.fi/fi-FI/Sairaanhoitopiiri/In_English
- Do not spread the infection by seeking for help without getting instructions
Take care of your hygiene
Wash your hands properly to stop the virus from spreading! Use soap and wash your hands for 20 seconds.
- Before eating and cooking
- When you come indoors
- After coughing, sneezing and wiping your nose
- After using the toilet and changing diapers
- If you come in contact with an infected person
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth without washing your hands
Stop the virus – Cough and sneeze correctly
When you cough and sneeze, always use a tissue and throw used tissues accordingly to the bin
- Use the upper part of your sleeve in case you are not in possession of tissues
- Wash your hands in all circumstances and use hand sanitizer
- Cover your mouth with a fabric or tissue when coughing not with your hands