COVID – 19 EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES
VISIT ROVANIEMI INFORMATION ON COVID – 19
Sights & Attractions opening in June:
Changes are possible. Please contact the companies directly for further information.
Accommodations currently open in Rovaniemi (updated 22.5.):
Cottages, Apartments, B&Bs and Guesthouses:
Changes are possible. Please contact the accommodation company directly for all the inquiries.
Information below was last updated 22nd of April
In case of Illness
- Stay home if you have mild symptoms and seek medical help only if your symptoms are severe (24/7): call before you go to the hospital, Lapland Central Hospital 016 322 4800
- If you have mild respiratory tract infection symptoms, such as rhinitis, cough, throat pain, muscle pain, or fever, stay at home to rest and recuperate. Stay home until the symptoms go away.
- Contact your healthcare provider only if you experience severe symptoms such as shortness of breath or if your overall condition gets worse. In that case, contact your healthcare provider by phone to prevent spreading the disease to others
- The aim is to ensure that those suffering from severe symptoms are able to receive treatment
- Avoid contact with others if you have symptoms of respiratory infection. Do not go to work or school when sick, and do not take sick children to day care or to the grandparents. That way, you are helping protect the elderly and people who are susceptible to coronavirus because of their primary disease
- You will be given instructions on the phone.
- Health Center phonenumbers and openinghours: Mon – Thur. From 8 am to 4 pm, Fri. From 8 am to 3 pm.
Urheilukadun Health Center, Tel. 016 322 4600, Address: Urheilukatu 5-7
Pulkamontie Health Center, Tel. 016 322 4610, Address: Pulkamontie 4
Rinteenkulma Health Center, Tel. 016 322 4620, Address: Koskikatu 25 (3rd Floor)
Outside opening hours call Lapland Hospital District / Lapland Central Hospital 016 322 4800
- Address: Ounasrinteentie 22, Rovaniemi, http://www.lshp.fi/fi-FI/Sairaanhoitopiiri/In_English
- Do not spread the infection by seeking for help without getting instructions
Take care of your hygiene
Wash your hands properly to stop the virus from spreading! Use soap and wash your hands for 20 seconds.
- Before eating and cooking
- When you come indoors
- After coughing, sneezing and wiping your nose
- After using the toilet and changing diapers
- If you come in contact with an infected person
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth without washing your hands
Stop the virus – Cough and sneeze correctly
When you cough and sneeze, always use a tissue and throw used tissues accordingly to the bin
- Use the upper part of your sleeve in case you are not in possession of tissues
- Wash your hands in all circumstances and use hand sanitizer
- Cover your mouth with a fabric or tissue when coughing not with your hands