Enjoy an unforgettable golfing experience at Santa Claus Golf in Ounasvaara, Rovaniemi and cross the Arctic Circle while golfing on snow and ice. At the 9-hole winter golf course of Santa Claus Golf you can experience golf like never before.
In the winter golf course there are no greens but whites, trolleys are changed in to sledges and white golf balls in to bright orange ones. On the snowy fairways some of the whites are situated on the frozen lakes of the course. One also has to note the rules of snow golf that for example limit the number of the clubs to max 3 irons and a putter. The game is the same, but the experience quite different!
You can play winter golf from the middle of February until the beginning of April (depending on the snow situation). 9 holes of winter golf takes around 1,5 to 2 hours and 18 holes 3 to 4 hours. The Club house of Santa Claus Golf serves you daily when the golf course is open. From the Club house you can get rental clubs and other winter golf equipment. The locker rooms, toilets, showers, a small proshop, Caddiemaster and the restaurant are at your service before and after your round and also in between, if you play 18 holes.
Come and experience golf like never before!
If you are not a golfer, take advantage of our beginners classes with our golf instructor.
The Winter Golf includes:
– White Fee for a day (play as many 9 hole rounds as you wish during the day)
– Rental Clubs (3 irons + putter)
– Carry bag or a sledge for the clubs
– A hot drink at the club house
- The temperature outside might vary between +5 and -20 degrees Celsius (mostly around -5 / -10), so you need to equip accordingly with warm clothes.
- Especially warm shoes and warm gloves to put over your golfing gloves are recommended to keep you warm during your round. Golf gloves you can also buy from the club house.
- To be able to find your ball in the snow, orange (or other bright colored) golf balls are used. Bring your own or buy them at the club house.
- If it is sunny, please remember to take your sun glasses with you.
1. To go and play on the winter golf course, you need to be a golfer. If you are not a golfer / familiar with the game, take advantage of our beginners classes with our golf instructor.
2. Always book a teetime for the date you have selected from Santa Claus Golf: send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +358 (0)200 30200. The club house is open daily when the golf course is open: on weekdays from 10 am until 5 pm and on weekends from 10 am until 3 pm.
3. As winter golf is an outdoor activity we are limited by the weather. If the weather conditions are bad we need to close the golf course. In that case you can change the date on your booking. If that is not possible, we will refund your booking.
The Winter Golf does not include:
– Winter golf balls (purcase as many as you think you need from the Pro Shop)
– Tees (if you need ones, we have them at the Pro Shop, or you can also use the snow)
– Winter golf gloves (if you need ones, we have them at the Pro Shop)
Meeting point: Santa Claus Golf
+358 40 135 4321