Enjoy an unforgettable golfing experience at Santa Claus Golf in Ounasvaara, Rovaniemi. Learn how to golf and cross the Arctic Circle while golfing on snow and ice. At the 9-hole winter golf course of Santa Claus Golf you can experience golf like never before.
In the winter golf course there are no greens but whites, trolleys are changed in to sledges and white golf balls in to bright orange ones. On the snowy fairways some of the whites are situated on the frozen lakes of the course. The game is the same, but the experience quite different!
If you want to learn how to golf, do it in a special way on a winter golf course. Our golf instructor will guide you to the world of golf on our practice area and after that take you for a small round of golf on the winter golf course of Santa Claus Golf. Winter golf for beginners classes are organized from the middle of February until the beginning of April (depending on the snow situation).
The Club house of Santa Claus Golf serves you during your visit. The locker rooms, toilets, showers, a small proshop, Caddiemaster and the restaurant are at your service before and after your activity.
Come and experience golf like never before!
If you are a golfer, take advantage of our winter golf course and book your time.
The Winter Golf for beginners includes:
– 1 hour guidance on how to golf
– 1 hour guided golf round on the winter golf course of Santa Claus Golf
– Rental Clubs
– Carry bag or a sledge for the clubs
– Golf balls
– Hot drinks at the club house
- The temperature outside might vary between +5 and -20 degrees Celsius (mostly around -5 / -10), so you need to equip accordingly with warm clothes.
- Especially warm shoes and warm gloves to put over your golfing gloves are recommended to keep you warm during the activity. Golf gloves you can also buy from the club house.
- If it is sunny, please remember to take your sun glasses with you.
1. For the winter golf for beginners you do not need any previous experience on golf.
2. With the temperature well below zero and the landscape covered with pure white snow, you need to equip accordingly.
3. As winter golf is an outdoor activity we are limited by the weather. If the weather conditions are bad we need to close the golf course. In that case you can change the date on your booking.
The Winter Golf for beginners does not include:
– Winter golf gloves (if you need ones, we have them at the Pro Shop)
Meeting point: Santa Claus Golf
+358 40 135 4321