Imagine a deep lush forest full of juicy sun-kissed berries and meaty mushrooms, which you can use to prepare a tasty dinner. What we have here is one of our most popular summer tours – a guided walk through Lappish forests where we’ll go mushroom and berries picking. Get ready to indulge your senses!
This tasty tour starts with hotel pickup. After a short ride in our comfortable van, we will get our baskets ready and start our delicious adventure. Your knowledgeable English speaking guide will tell you more about traditional Finnish berry preservation, jam making and health benefits of this antioxidant-rich fruit. You can eat berries straight away, there is no need to wash them. However, bear in mind that not all berries and mushrooms are safe to eat. So, follow your guide and learn more about different types of mushrooms and berries, and different ways to enjoy them. Yum!
This tour runs rain or shine, so please dress accordingly to weather conditions. We will provide everything you need for this tour, including snacks and warm beverages by the open fire. The best season for mushroom and berry picking runs from late July to early October.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Professional English speaking naturalist guide
- Transportation during your journey
- Snacks by the open fire
- Non-alcohol beverages
- Sturdy shoes and good socks
- Waterproof/windproof jacket and comfortable pants
- Gloves, scarf and head-wear (if needed)
- Mosquito repellent
- Drinking water
- There is a 2-person minimum for this tour to operate.
- The tour is family friendly.
- Small group tour
- An easygoing experience – no special skills required!
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- . To be announced (I haven’t booked a hotel yet)
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Nova Skyland Hotel
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa Claus Holiday Village, Lobby/Three elves restaurant
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City