Imagine a deep lush forest full of juicy sun-kissed berries and meaty mushrooms, which you can use to prepare a tasty dinner. What we have here is one of our most popular summer tours – a guided walk through Lappish forests where we’ll go mushroom and berries picking. Get ready to indulge your senses!
This tasty tour starts with hotel pickup. After a short ride in our comfortable van, we will get our baskets ready and start our delicious adventure. Your knowledgeable English speaking guide will tell you more about traditional Finnish berry preservation, jam making and health benefits of this antioxidant-rich fruit. You can eat berries straight away, there is no need to wash them. However, bear in mind that not all berries and mushrooms are safe to eat. So, follow your guide and learn more about different types of mushrooms and berries, and different ways to enjoy them. Yum!
This tour runs rain or shine, so please dress accordingly to weather conditions. We will provide everything you need for this tour, including snacks and warm beverages by the open fire. The best season for mushroom and berry picking runs from late July to early October.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Professional English speaking naturalist guide
- Transportation during your journey
- Snacks by the open fire
- Non-alcohol beverages
- Seasonal outdoor clothing and drinking water.
- Please note, starting time might be subject to change, we will confirm the time to you by e-mail!
- Tour include a pick up & drop off transfer from Rovaniemi centrally located hotels and Santa Claus Village.
- All tours listed are for a minimum of 2 persons paying a full (adult) price, unless mentioned otherwise
- The tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Not recommended for kids under 8 years old.
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up.
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions.
- Wild berries and mushroom season July – October
- Average temperature: May +8°C, June +13°C, July +15°C, August +12°C, September +8°C, October +1°C
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- . To be announced (I haven’t booked a hotel yet)
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Glass Resort
- Hostel Café Koti
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets Reception
- Nova Skyland Hotel
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa Claus Holiday Village, Lobby/Three elves restaurant
- Santa Claus Village, Arctic Circle, Snowman World’s reception
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus, City center
- Santa’s Igloos reception
- Santasport Resort Rovaniemi
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Sky Hotel Ounasvaara