VISIT AMETHYST MINE AND EXPERIENCE NATIONAL PARK
This adventure begins in Rovaniemi as your guide picks you up. During the hour and a half drive you can relax and enjoy the views and dream of your own unique purple gem.
Journey takes you north, to Finland's oldest national park, Pyhä-Luosto National Park.
Walk from the parking place to the amethyst mine is about 2,5 km. For this nice walk you can wear snowshoes when conditions are favorable. You can make the walk by foot as well (especially when there is no snow).
Path leads you up to the fjell through the 400 years old forest with evergreen trees. You get to join the guided tour down to the amethyst mine and learn more about the minerals in Lapland's pure soil. Notice, there are lots of stairs when going to the mine and inside.
Lampivaara Amethyst Mine is a unique attraction in Lapland. Geologically this area has existed for billions of years. The view from the top of the mine is breathtaking and beams positive energy stored in the beautiful stones. Amethyst Mine is still operating in a sustainable and extraordinary way. No heavy machines are used for digging and none of the rich deposit is sold as a raw material. You are even allowed to keep the lovely purple colour gem that you are allowed to pick yourself, as long as it fits into your fist.
The naturally occuring magnetic field provided by the amethyst and amethyst geodes may produce positive results on body and soul.
That added to the benefits of walking through the forest might just give that wonderful feeling people around the world are longing for – feeling happy and healthy.
Duration of trip: about 8 hours
price: 139 € /adult, Children 4-12 years old 119 €/ child
min 2 pax
• Return transfer from Rovaniemi to Ukko-Luosto parking lot (Travelling time is about 1½ hours/one way).
• Walk through the 400 years old forest on the side of a fell (about 2,5 km walk). For the walk we will use snowshoes when it is possible.
• Visit to Amethyst mine includes information about geology and nature of the area, stories of amethyst and the positive beliefs associated to this beautiful purple gemstone.
• Some time to take photos.
• Visit to the mine includes experiencing the joy of digging and finding your own amethyst to keep as a souvenir. One stone is included and it should fit into your fist.
• After visiting the mine we will visit Pyhä- Luosto Nature center Naava and enjoy buffet lunch at a local café
- Return transfer from Rovaniemi to Ukko-Luosto parking lot (Travelling time is about 1½ hours/one way).
- Walk through the 400 years old forest on the side of a fell. Snowshoes when it is possible.
- Visit to Amethyst mine + information about geology and nature of the area, stories of amethyst and the positive beliefs associated to this beautiful purple gemstone.
- Experiencing the joy of digging and finding your own amethyst to keep as a souvenir. One stone is included and it should fit into your fist.
- Visit to Pyhä- Luosto Nature center Naava and enjoying a buffet lunch at a local café
- Some time to take photos.
- Guide (English / Finnish speaking)
If you like, bring bottle of drinking water and snacks
Dress accordingly to the weather. Be sure to protect yourself from cold, wind, rain, sun
- Outdoor clothing
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- Aakenus hotel, reception
- Arctic Tree House Hotel, reception
- Ounasvaara Chalets, Lapland hotels, reception
- Santa Claus Holiday Village, main front door of Three elves restaurant
- Santa’s hotel, hotel Santa Claus, reception
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle
- Sky Hotel Ounasvaara, Lapland hotels, reception