Meet lovely, cuddly huskies at the husky farm and participate in a longer husky safari traversing the beautiful wilderness of Lapland. You can ride a husky sled during this two-hour safari, taking turns to steer the dogs. All adults may steer the team, while children and those who want to sit in the sled as passengers.
Make pictures with huskies and ask all you want to know about huskies and their arctic life!
After the safari we enjoy snacks by the open fire. We also learn a lot about huskies and their life by listening to the people at the farm. Duration about 4 hours away from your hotel.
Starting times every day at about 8 AM and 13 PM exact time to be confirmed when booking. Nice size groups and good wilderness trails make it Lapland Welcome premium safari. Welcome!
The practice of sled dogs dates back to 2000 BC. Historically it was used for work to pull loads in Siberia and North America. In the 1900s a Norwegian explorer used the sled dogs in a race to reach the South Pole. This practice then spread to European countries for nature tours and to bring supplies to soldiers during the First World War. Nowadays, sled dogs are mostly used for recreation.
BOOK ACTIVITIES ONLINE AND SAVE! WE OFFER 2% DISCOUNT FOR ONLINE BOOKINGS
Please, check the pick up time from your hotel on your ticket.
Meeting point: Lapland Welcome Safari Office
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic City Hotel reception
- Arctic Light Hotel reception
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel reception
- Guesthouse Borealis reception
- Hostel Café Koti reception
- Hotel Aakenus reception
- Hotel Rudolf front door
- Hotel Santa Claus reception
- Hotel Scandic Rovaniemi reception
- Kotareitti reception
- Lapland Hotel Ounasvaara Chalets reception
- Lapland Hotel Sky Ounasvaara reception
- Lomavekarit reception
- Napapiirin Saarituvat reception
- Nova Skyland Hotel reception
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna reception
- Santa Claus Holiday Village reception
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle reception
- SantaSport reception
- Scandic Pohjanhovi reception
- Scandic Polar reception
- Snowman World reception