You’ll start the tour by riding a snowmobile around the Arctic Circle area. Make the first stop at the local reindeer farm where you’ll get to experience a short but exciting reindeer sleigh ride. Afterwards, you’ll be led to Lappish teepee (“kota”) to enjoy hot drinks and take part in the mysterious Arctic Circle Ceremony.
After reindeer farm you’ll return to the Santa Claus Village for a lunch and free time to explore the Village: visit Santa independently at his office, send postcards from Santa’s Post Office and shop for souvenirs in the boutiques around.
Duration of the program is 6 hours including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center meeting point, Ounasvaara hotels and Arctic TreeHouse
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks and helmets)
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes.
- Visit to the reindeer farm, including a short sleigh ride (400 m, about 5 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories of the reindeer and the reindeer herder way of life.
- Lunch in Santa Claus Village, free time to visit Santa’s Post Office and souvenir shops.
- International Reindeer Driving License and the Arctic Circle Crossing Certificate
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driver license – B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
- Minimum of 2 persons paying the adult price
- Will not be operated in insufficient snow conditions
- Pick up from unlisted accommodations
Meeting point : Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Ounasvaara Area: Ounasvaara Chalets
- Ounasvaara area: Santasport
- Ounasvaara area: Sky Ounasvaara
- Rovaniemi City Center Meeting Point – Corner of Rovakatu with Pekankatu by Sampokeskus mall entrance
- Santa Claus Village Area – Wild Nordic Safari Center