This tour offers the opportunity to try out the most popular activities in Lapland during the same program: snowmobile safari, reindeer and husky rides. We start the tour by snowmobiles, where you have a chance to ride your own snowmobile around the Arctic Circle area. You will enjoy the beautiful wintry scenery whilst driving and make some short stops where opportunities for photos are abundant. We will make a stop at the local reindeer farm where you will get to experience a short but exciting reindeer sleigh ride. We warm ourselves up in the Lappish tepee called “kota”, where hot Lappish berry juice and cookies will be served for the guests. Here we take part in the mysterious Arctic Circle Ceremony. After snowmobiling we will go to the local husky camp to find out more about dog sledding in the Arctic. As a highlight of the experience, you will get to ride in the sled pulled by a team of excited and sporty huskies. Warm drinks are served at the same time when you hear stories about the dogs, their breeds, pedigrees and daily life in the kennel. You can pet the dogs and take a lot of photos.
Duration of the program is 4 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets)
- Visit to the reindeer farm, including a short sleigh ride (700 m, about 5 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories of the reindeer and the reindeer herder way of life, and an Arctic Circle Ceremony. The time here is approximately 1 hour.
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes.
- Visit to the husky farm and a sleigh ride pulled by a husky team (2 km, 7 – 10 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories and interesting facts about the husky dog and its life. The time here is approximately 1 hour.
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
– Minimum of 2 persons paying the adult price
– Available daily at 09:00
– Operated from 1st of December to 31st of March
– Will not be operated in insufficient snow conditions
Meeting point: Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Apukka Resort
- Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Bus Stop Outside Guest House Borealis
- Hostel Café Koti
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City