If you cannot decide between the exciting activities or only have a little time to spend, why not have a taste of each of the most popular ones? Try out snowmobiling, reindeer sleigh and husky ride on this combination tour!
You’ll start the tour by riding a snowmobile around the Arctic Circle area. Make the first stop at the local reindeer farm where you’ll get to experience a short but exciting reindeer sleigh ride. Afterwards, you’ll be led to Lappish teepee (“kota”) to enjoy hot drinks and take part in the mysterious Arctic Circle Ceremony.
The highlight of the experience awaits at your next stop at the local husky camp: you’ll get to meet the adorable dogs and ride in the sled pulled by a team of huskies.
Duration of the program is 4 hours, including preparations. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes. The average speed during our short tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city center meeting point, Ounasvaara hotels and Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks and helmets)
- Visit to the reindeer farm, including a short sleigh ride (400 m, about 5 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories of the reindeer and the reindeer herder way of life.
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 1 hour and 30 – 40 minutes.
- Visit to the husky farm and a sleigh ride pulled by a husky team (2 km, 7 – 10 minutes), hot juice and cookies, stories and interesting facts about the husky dog and its life. The time here is approximately 1 hour.
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driver license – B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
– Minimum of 2 persons paying the adult price
– Available daily at 09:00
– Operated from 1st of December to 31st of December on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
– Operated from 1st of January to 31st of March on Wednesdays and Fridays
– Will not be operated in insufficient snow conditions
- Pick up from unlisted accommodations
Meeting point : Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Ounasvaara Area: Ounasvaara Chalets
- Ounasvaara area: Santasport
- Ounasvaara area: Sky Ounasvaara
- Rovaniemi City Center Meeting Point – Corner of Rovakatu with Pekankatu by Sampokeskus mall entrance
- Santa Claus Village Area – Wild Nordic Safari Center