Would you like to learn more about Northern Lights, why do they appear and how to photograph them?
Aurora photography workshop is a new every day running program through the winter season 2019-2020. This workshop will give you detailed information about the Northern Lights as a phenomenon and you will learn how to photograph them during your stay in Rovaniemi! You will also get up-to-date information about where, when and how you can maximize your chances of seeing the Northern Lights during your stay. During this 45-minute workshop professional Aurora hunter and photographer will teach you all the skills you need before heading out to capture your own ultimate Aurora photo!
What you will learn during our workshop:
– What are the Northern Lights and what causes them?
– Science behind the Northern Lights
– Ideal places to see the Northern Lights
– Best tips for Aurora hunting from local professional
– Northern Lights video
– Guide book about Northern Lights hunting
– Detailed Aurora forecast for the evening and for next 2 days
– Cameras and other equipment
– What are the right settings for your camera and how to set your camera?
– How to adjust focus in the dark
– Phone photography
– Arctic weather and photography
After workshop we have 15 minutes time for some personal instruction with camera settings. Remember to bring your own camera!
- Professional Northern Lights hunter
- Information about Northern Lights hunting
- Photography tips
- Personal instruction about camera settings
- Bring your own camera if you have one!
This activity is suitable for families with children.
This tour is also suitable for beginners!
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Camera equipment
Meeting point: Beyond Arctic office