Take a day trip from Rovaniemi to experience our incredible icebreaker cruise.
The shuttle bus will pick you up from multiple locations in Rovaniemi and after a drive to Sweden, your ship will depart from Axelsvik. After a quick check-in, begin one of the greatest adventures in Lapland, a sightseeing cruise through the ice in the Bothnian Sea.
During the cruise, make stops to enjoy floating in survival suits in the middle of the Arctic Sea and walk safely on the frozen sea ice.
Enjoy an audio-guided tour through all 7 decks of the ship via an audio guide application in 16 languages. Watch an exclusive 11-minute movie about icebreakers around the world in the icebreaker theatre.
If you get hungry, enjoy a cafeteria on board, where you can enjoy hot drinks and snacks at your own expense.
The captain will present you with a Cruise & Swim certificate at the end of the tour as a memorable gift. When the cruise is finished, head to Kukkolaforsen, a Swedish fishermen’s village, where a buffet lunch is served in a riverside panorama restaurant.
The Medieval village open-air museum is available for a visit, as well, at no charge. After lunch, enjoy a scenic drive back to Rovaniemi.
* If you choose afternoon tour then you will have lunch before the cruise.
- 3-hour icebreaker cruise
- Hot drinks on board
- Guided tour through 7 decks
- Audio guide in 16 languages
- Film in Icebreaker theatre
- Swimming in survival suits
- Cruise & Swim certificate
- Buffet lunch in a riverside panorama restaurant
- Transfers from/to select locations in Rovaniemi
Warm clothing, ID, snacks if you like (day is long).
The Polar Explorer Icebreaker Cruise’s departure terminal is located in Swedish Lapland, only 40 km away from the Finnish border.
From Finland to Sweden the border crossing goes without any stops, any checks.
When crossing the border from Sweden to Finland, you may be asked to show your COVID vaccination certificate. Please have it with you.
The activity provider shall not be held liable for any compensation for loss of gratification in case of swimming cancellation for safety reasons due to unforeseeable adverse weather conditions
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- 06:25 Santa Sport hotel
- 06:35 Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- 06:45 Santa Claus Holiday Village
- 07:00 Rovaniemi Tourist Information
- 07:10 Rovaniemi train station
- 08:55 Santa Sport hotel
- 09:05 Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- 09:15 Santa Claus Holiday Village
- 09:30 Rovaniemi Tourism Information
- 09:40 Rovaniemi train station