Discover something more outside our usual snowmobile routes on this picturesque snowmobile safari! This medium-length tour offers a deeper introduction to snowmobiling and exploring breathtaking landscapes on trails around the city of Rovaniemi.
Following tracks over frozen rivers and through frosty forests, we’ll reach the highlight of the journey – a viewpoint with a panoramic scene over Ounasjoki-river.
On this safari you’ll get a more extensive snowmobiling experience, with the total driving time of approx 3 hours in varying terrain.
Our guide will serve you a hot drink and a snack on a break by the campfire, while sharing fascinating stories about Lapland.
Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
Please note: you will stay outdoors for several hours and have a long snowmobile ride. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Single riding is highly recommended due to the nature and duration of the tour. All children joining need to be at least 140 cm tall and therefore able to sit on snowmobiles as passengers for the adult price.
Please note: It is possible that the track to the panoramic view point is not accessible as it depends on yearly winter weather conditions. In case we are not able to access the viewing point, Wild Nordic will offer an alternative tour latest one day before the tour departure. This change is not a basis for issuing a refund and the choice of the alternative tour is within the discretion of Wild Nordic.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city centre hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a balaclava and helmet)
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery.
- Snowmobiling includes driving instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 3 hours.
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
- The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
- Minimum of 2 persons paying the adult price
- Adults only
- Dietary limitations should be informed in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will not be operated in insufficient snow conditions
Meeting point : Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Apukka Resort
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Hostel Café Koti
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Arctic City Hotel
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Bus Stop Outside Guest House Borealis