The guide picks you up from your hotel. Transfer is offered by coach into the wilderness, Aurora Restaurant.
We enjoy large festive meal including many kind of special and local delicacies like moose, reindeer, wild berries and cheese.
Afterwards the transfer continues by snowmobile sleigh or on foot. Spotting the Northern Lights on the sky if the weather is clear (the lights are not guaranteed but the site is the best possible).
Maybe singing around the fire in a tepee. Fireworks in the midnight. Champagne. Back in town at 2 A.M. A trip that you remember for a life time! Return transfers from your hotel, program, snacks and winter adventure gear is included.
New Year’s Eve has traditionally been the time for fortune telling and predicting of the future. Predicting fortune by performing various tricks is an old tradition. Some of these tricks have remained until our times as an amusement. One of the most popular tricks performed is the melting of tin. Called the molybdomancym, this is an ancient technique of divination that involves interpreting the shapes made by dropping molten lead into cold water. The shape and shadow of the resulting cast are examined and interpreted to predict future events of the coming year. Different shapes have different meaning, promising either good luck or health, wealth, happiness, money …etc. Maybe it is a little bit arctic shamanism left…
BOOK ACTIVITIES ONLINE AND SAVE! WE OFFER 2% DISCOUNT FOR ONLINE BOOKINGS
Please, check the pick up time from your hotel on your ticket.
Meeting point : Lapland Welcome Safari Office
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic City Hotel reception
- Arctic Light Hotel reception
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel reception
- Guesthouse Borealis reception
- Hostel Café Koti reception
- Hotel Aakenus reception
- Hotel Rudolf front door
- Hotel Santa Claus reception
- Hotel Scandic Rovaniemi reception
- Lapland Hotel Ounasvaara Chalets reception
- Lapland Hotel Sky Ounasvaara reception
- Lomavekarit reception
- Napapiirin Saarituvat reception
- Nova Skyland Hotel reception
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna reception
- Santa Claus Holiday Village reception
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle reception
- SantaSport reception
- Scandic Pohjanhovi reception
- Scandic Polar reception
- Snowman World reception