Hiking the Karhunjuomalampi Trail in the lush old-growth forest of Lusto is an exhilarating experience that is a memorable adventure for everyone. This moderate and exciting hike is approximately 10 kilometers long (circle trip).
Ride from Rovaniemi takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes one way, so we start our journey right after breakfast.
Upon arrival Your guide will lead the way. For the most part of the trail the route is easy, but partly intermediate, due to steep ascents and stairs. For the first 600 meters, the trail runs along the pedestrian and bicycle route running by Pyhäntie Road. Part of the trail runs though varied heath forests, part on the bottom of Isokuru Gorge. The altitude differences are challenging and the number of stairs at both ends of the ravine is high. However, the trail is easy to follow. Via the northern slopes of the summit of Kultakero, a gravel trail will take you past Pyhätunturi Hotel and along Kultakerontie Road, we will arrive at the visitor centre. The trail presents the hikers with a splendid cross section of local geology, as there are ancient stones shaped by waves along the trail. These stones remind the hikers of the fact that the fells are part of an ancient seabed. From this trail, there are connections to the Tunturiaapa Nature Trail and the Pyhä-Luosto Hiking Trail.
When blueberry season is in full swing (July – Sept.), the trail is blooming with scrumptious delights sure to please everyone.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transportation during your journey
- Amethyst mine entrance tickets
- Guided mine tour
- One amethyst stone / person
- Non-alcohol beverages
- Free Wifi
- Sturdy shoes and good socks
- Waterproof/windproof jacket and comfortable pants
- Gloves, scarf and head wear (if needed)
- Mosquito repellent
- Drinking water
- Small group experience
- An easygoing experience – no special skills required
- The tour is not suitable for young children
- Please note the tour operates in ALL weather conditions
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- . To be announced (I haven’t booked a hotel yet)
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Nova Skyland Hotel
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa Claus Holiday Village, Lobby/Three elves restaurant
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Santasport Resort Rovaniemi
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Sky Hotel Ounasvaara