Dreaming about an entire day spent feeling the thrill of speed, riding across the arctic lands and experiencing the best of pure Lapland wilderness? This full day safari is the perfect choice for you.
The tour takes you beyond the regular safari tracks as we ride our snowmobiles towards the north. There are hundreds of kilometers of snowmobile tracks to choose from and your guide will plan the route based on your riding skills and weather conditions. On the way you’ll stop for a longer break for a delicious lunch at a wilderness restaurant, to fill you up with extra energy for the afternoon ahead. Total driving time on this tour is 6-7 hrs.
Please note: you will stay outdoors for a minimum 6 hours and have a long snowmobile ride.
Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Single riding is highly recommended due to the nature and duration of the tour. Adults only!
Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city centre meeting point, Ounasvaara hotels and Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a balaclava and helmet)
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes
- Snack and hot drinks prepared at the campfire
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 18 years old and hold a valid driver license – B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
– Minimum of 2 persons paying
– Adults only
– Available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 09:00 – 17:00
– Operated from 1st of January to 31st of March
– Will not be operated if there is not sufficient snow conditions
- Pick up from unlisted accommodations
Meeting point : Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Ounasvaara Area: Ounasvaara Chalets
- Ounasvaara area: Santasport
- Ounasvaara area: Sky Ounasvaara
- Rovaniemi City Center Meeting Point – Corner of Rovakatu with Pekankatu by Sampokeskus mall entrance
- Santa Claus Village Area – Wild Nordic Safari Center