This is a full day snowmobile tour for those who really want to do snowmobiling and experience the best of Lapland wilderness. The tour takes you further from the usual safari trails as we ride our snowmobiles in the north direction from Santa Claus Village. The journey takes us through the beautiful winter forest and over frozen swampland. We make several stops on the way to enjoy the frozen nature and landscapes. There will be a longer break for a delicious lunch, which fills you with extra energy for the afternoon ahead. This also an excellent moment for having an informative chat with your friendly guide, who is happy to share knowledge on life in the Arctic areas. There are hundreds of kilometers of snowmobile trails to choose from and the guide will decide the best possible direction based on your riding skills and weather conditions. On the way your guide will make sure that small wonders of the nature, like animal tracks, will not be unnoticed. In the afternoon we take a coffee break in the forest and soon after that it is time to turn back towards home.
Snowmobile tours start and end in Wild Nordic Safari Center (Joulupukintie 1) located next to Santa Claus Village. You can skip the return transfer and continue your visit to Santa.
Please note: you will stay outdoors for minimum 8 hours and have a long snowmobile ride. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Single riding is highly recommended due to the nature and duration of the tour. Adults only!
- Return transfers from Rovaniemi city centre hotels
- Use of thermal clothing during the safari (thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a balaclava and helmet)
- Short stops throughout the tour to take photos of the beautiful scenery
- Snowmobile driving includes instructions and a safety briefing. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes.
- Soup lunch and hot drinks prepared at the campfire plus a snack break in the wilderness during the ride.
- Guidance is in English, other languages on request
The driver of a snowmobile has to be at least 15 years old and hold a valid driver license – A1, T, A or B category (please check that it is valid in Finland!). For all the activities including snowmobiling we ask you to take your driving licenses with you. Also copy and photos are suitable.
– Minimum of 2 persons paying
– Adults only
– Available daily at 09:00 – 17:00
– Operated from 1st of December to 31st of March
– Will not be operated if there is not sufficient snow conditions
Meeting point: Wild Nordic Safari Center
Pickup is offered in following places
- Apukka Resort
- Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Bus Stop Outside Guest House Borealis
- Hostel Café Koti
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City