Ice fishing has been part of local culture in the Far North for centuries. Traditionnally it was one of the rare ways to get food in wintertime when the conditions are the roughest. Nowadays, many Finnish people still enjoy sitting on a frozen lake for hours to try to catch their lunch and relax. So, don't you want to try?
After being collected from your hotel, your guide will drive you to some good fishing spots outside Rovaniemi. No need to drive far when you know where to go!
You will be shown the basics of ice-fishing, how to drill your hole in the ice, and the different techniques to catch a fish. If you are lucky and get a good catch, your guide will even show you how to prepare it.
TWO OPTIONS POSSIBLE:
- Ice Fishing Experience (2h) at 14:30: This tour has been designed for beginners and travellers who have never fished on ice before, but who would like to try without spending too much time in the cold. The fishing time is approximately 1h to 1h15. Hot drinks and cookies are provided to keep you warm during the experience.
- Ice Fishing Experience with snacks around the fire (3h) at 10:00: This tour offers a longer experience in the morning to enjoy the silence and peacefulness of Lapland nature farther away from Rovaniemi city. The fishing time is approximately 2h. Typical Finnish snacks and hot drinks are served around an open fire. If you catch a fish of a decent size, your guide can prepare it and add it to the menu!
Start time can be adapted, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel pick-up
- Fshing equipment
- Expert outdoor guide
- Cookies/snacks & hot drinks
- All handling fees and taxes
Please dress appropriately according to the weather, with warm clothes, good winter boots, gloves, hats and thick socks. Note that temperature may feel even colder when on the lake due to the wind. You may rent professional winter overalls and winter boots for an extra cost of 5€/set.
We recommend to book in advance, as availability may be limited in peak seasons.
A minimum of 2 paying adult participants is required for the trip to operate. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if the group is too small or because of bad weather conditions.
If you are a solo traveler, you are very welcome to join any departing trip at the standard price or we may organise the trip just for you at some extra costs (please contact us).
Child prices apply only to children under 14 years old. Children must be accompanied by one adult. The child rate only apply if the conditions of two paying adult participant is met.
- Winter overalls and boots (optional)
Meeting point : Arctic City Hotel
Pickup is offered in following places
- Apukka Resort (20km) – Extra costs may apply
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Resort Delight
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel
- Glass Resort
- GuestHouse Arctic Heart
- Guesthouse Borealis
- Guesthouse Outa
- Haawe Boutique Apart Hotel
- Hostel Café Koti
- Hostel Ibedcity
- Hostel Tikka
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Lomavekarit Apartments
- Lumimaa – Snowland
- Motelli Rovaniemi (10km) – Extra costs may apply
- Nordic Odyssey Office
- Nova Skyland Hotel
- Ollero Eco Lodge
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Ounasvaara Lakituvat
- Ounasvaara Sport Cottages
- Saarituvat Cottages
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
- Santa’s Holiday Homes
- Santa’s Hotel Rudolf
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus (City Center)
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle
- Santasport Hotel
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Polar
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Snowman World
- Wherever Hostel