Discover the phenomena of the northern sky at our Northern Lights base
This excursion takes you to the Aurora Borealis camp located away from the city lights with an unlimited view at the northern sky. At the camp, you will find an open-air Aurora Borealis theatre, where a film and spectacular photos of the Northern Lights are presented. You’ll also have time to roam around the resort, take a brisk snowmobile sleigh ride, or can just lay back by an open fire admiring the northern sky. And don’t forget to enjoy the traditional reindeer burgers in the Kota teepee! With a little luck, the sky is clear and the moon, stars, and even the Northern Lights may show up.
Program transfers, thermal outfit, guidance in English, film and information about northern lights, snack by the fire, hot beverage, use of camera tripods, tips on how to capture the lights, snowmobile sleigh ride.
Remember to bring your own camera.
The Aurora Borealis, Northern Lights is a natural phenomenon and it can be predicted but not guaranteed.
Please notice that the pick-up times for the safari / excursion vary depending on your accommodation. We kindly ask you to check carefully the correct time from your booking confirmation.
Meeting point: Lapland Safaris Rovaniemi Safari Office
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel reception 50 min before the departure
- Hotel Vartiosaari reception 50 min before the departure
- In front of Arctic Circle Information 45 min before the departure (for guests staying in Santa Claus Holiday Village, Snowman World Glass Resort and Nova Skyland Hotel)
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets reception 40 min before the departure
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara reception 30 minutes before the departure
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle reception point 45 min before the departure
- Santasport reception 30 min before the departure