How about a walk with reindeer and alpacas?
We offer a fun and fast-paced 15 minutes outing where you get to walk the Farmyard’s reindeer through the forest near Santa Claus Village. You start off with your guide at the Farmyard. When walking with reindeer, the pace can be quite fast. You can take all the pictures you want along the way if the reindeer want to stop to take pictures with you. The trip will be fun for sure.
Then you will walk with our lovely fluffy alpacas for a peaceful 30min run. The pace is leisurely– they like to stop and nibble on the fruits of the forest – and you can pet them and take all the pictures you want along the way.
You will have a chance to see the Farmyard’s other animals on your own. Guests can use our Lapland hut (kota) and campfire/barbecue. Buy snacks and drinks from the elf’s store.
The walks are done consecutively. Book a time when you want to start. We do the walks one after the other.
If our online store is already closed, you can ask by e-mail about the possibility of a walk. Or you can also ask about the possibility when you arrive.
Please take the booking confirmation with you on arrival day. Welcome!
- Walking with reindeer 15min and alpacas 30min
- Professional guide (English/Finnish)
- Entrance to the Farm
- Please wear clothes and shoes suitable for the weather and forest.
- All participants need to have a ticket for a walk.
- The walks are done consecutively. Book a time when you want to start. We do the walks one after the other.
- Walk with reindeer: Children over 15 may walk with reindeer by themselves; younger children will need an adult to help them.
- Walk with alpacas: Children over 8 may walk an alpaca by themselves; younger children will need an adult to help them.
- Possibly a queue. It is possible that the start time will change by 15 minutes, but you can visit us in the meantime.
- 1 reindeer per couple/family. 2 reindeer per 4 person or more. For your safety.
Meeting point : Elf's Farm Yard Rovaniemi