This ski adventure will offer a memorable experience on Altai skis! Your guide will take you in small groups away from Rovaniemi to explore Lapland wilderness forests, hills and landscapes. You may even spot or hear some animals such as reindeer or arctic hares…
Ski touring is an easy ski discipline designed to let you glide on deep snow off the beaten tracks or groomed trails. The backcountry skis (called in Finnish, "sliding snowshoes") are equipped with a skin allowing to both hike uphill and slide downhill ; they are equally used for long Arctic expeditions or shorter day tours into wild nature. They are the perfect equipment to get to beautiful elusive places that you cannot reach with cars or on foot.
The tour will be adapted to the level of the group with different terrains and difficulty options.
We offer departures in the morning or in the afternoon. On request, we may also organise an evening ski tour with the adventure offering a chance to observe the Northern lights. Please contact us at email@example.com
- Hotel pick-up
- Altai Skis & Poles
- Cookies and hot drinks
- Expert outdoor guide
- All handling fees and taxes
Please dress appropriately according to the weather, with warm clothes, good winter boots, gloves, hats and thick socks. You may rent professional winter overalls and winter boots for an extra cost of 5€/set.
We recommend to book in advance, as availability may be limited in peak seasons.
A minimum of 2 paying adult participants is required for the trip to operate. We reserve the right to cancel the trip if the group is too small or because of bad weather conditions.
If you are a solo traveler, you are very welcome to join any departing trip at the standard price or we may organise the trip just for you at some extra costs (please contact us).
A certain amount of walking is involved. This tour is not recommended for pregnant travelers, for people with heart conditions or with limited mobility. We do not recommend for children under 12 years old to join the trip either.
Meeting Time & Pick up : Note that the pick up time is for information purpose; thus, the exact pick up time will be communicated to you via email the day before the experience.
We offer free pick up and drop off services in a 8km range from the city center which includes for example Ounasvaara and Santa Claus Village. For ecological and logistical reasons, we may kindly ask you to walk directly to our office (Jaakonkatu 4-6, 96200 Rovaniemi) when your accommodation is located less than 500 meters from our Nordic Odyssey office in the city center. Airport transfers or transfers from more than 8km from the city center may be arranged upon request at extra cost.
Preparation before the tour: We recommend that you eat well before the experience, and dress properly according to the weather conditions. In case of any questions, you might find your answer in our FAQ (Click here).
- Winter overalls and boots (can be rented – please request)
Meeting point : Arctic City Hotel (meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
Pickup is offered in following places
- Apukka Resort (20km) – Extra costs may apply
- Arctic City Hotel (meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
- Arctic Light Hotel (meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
- Arctic Resort Delight
- Arctic Snow Hotel & Glass Igloos (35km) – Extra costs may apply
- Arctic TreeHouse Hotel
- Glass Resort
- GuestHouse Arctic Heart
- Guesthouse Borealis
- Guesthouse Outa
- Haawe Boutique Apart Hotel (meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
- Hostel Café Koti (meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
- Hostel Ibedcity
- Hostel Tikka
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara
- Lomavekarit Apartments
- Lumimaa – Snowland
- Motelli Rovaniemi (10km) – Extra costs may apply
- Nordic Odyssey Office
- Nova Galaxy Village (20km) – Extra costs may apply
- Nova Skyland Hotel (Santa Claus Village)
- Ollero Eco Lodge – Extra costs may apply
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna (meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
- Ounasvaara Lakituvat
- Ounasvaara Sport Cottages
- Saarituvat Cottages
- Santa Claus Holiday Village
- Santa’s Hotel Rudolf
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus (City Center – meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle
- Santasport Hotel
- Scandic Pohjanhovi (meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
- Scandic Polar (meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
- Scandic Rovaniemi City (meeting in Nordic Odyssey Office)
- Snowman World
- Wherever Hostel