Welcome to enjoy a taste pleasing à la carte dinner like you never have before, in our private Kota -restaurant. With luck, the evening culminates into nature’s own color play; the Northern Lights.
The evening begins with a visit to meet our reindeer. You will get the chance to feed the reindeer, and of course take a selfie with your favorite one #SirmakkoReindeerFarm. The Sirmakko Reindeer Farm host will tell you stories of life on the reindeer farm, and the reindeer herding.
After meeting the reindeer, an à la carte dinner will be prepared for you by the open fire. The menu of the evening consists of local, close to nature ingredients.
During dinner you hear stories of life in Lapland, and some folk-tales as well as the science of the birth and meaning of the Northern Lights.
At the end of the evening you can admire the peace and quiet of nature and the beauty of autumn colors. If we are lucky we get to see the Northern Lights playing in the northern sky.
- Stories of Lapland, history, nature, Northern Lights
- Meeting the Sirmakko Reindeer Farm's reindeer
- An open fire where you can warm up
- Admiring and photographing the Northern Lights.
- Stories about the reindeer herding life and the reindeer
À la carte dinner
Forest Mushroom Soup L, G
Sautéed Reindeer and Mashed Potatoes L, G
Flambéed Crêpes L
with Local Vanilla Ice Cream and Lappish Berries
(L = Lactose free, G = Gluten free)
Special diet options (vegan, gluten-free, etc.) are available upon request.
Warm clothing is preferred!
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, so full certainty for them showing can not be given. (For instance, cloudy weather prevents them showing)
- Program activity order may change depending on the Northern Lights.
Minimun 2 persons or minimum fee 223,50 €
How to get to Sirmakko Reindeer Farm
Transport service, additional fee 30€ (PLEASE NOTE, the transport service includes both, pick-up and drop-off)
45-minute car/taxi drive from city center
Public transportation not available
Meeting point: Meeting point
Pickup is offered in following places
- Apukka Resort reception
- Arctic Circle Santa Claus Village, Santa Claus Holiday Village Reception
- Rovaniemi City Centre, Hotel Santa Claus
+358 50 430 2998