Take a hike to Auttiköngäs waterfalls and enjoy a day in Finnish nature. This short and sweet hike is a perfect choice for families.
Auttiköngäs are gorgeous cascade waterfalls, located just in one-hour drive from Rovaniemi. They are settled in a protected old forest, surrounded by lush Finish vegetation. We will start our tour with hotel pick-up. As we specialize in small-group tours only, you can expect a customized experience. On our one-hour drive along the Kemijoki River, we will pass the Vanttauskoski hydroelectric plant and stop to take photos of lovely landscapes. After a one hour drive and many great photo stops, we will park and get ready for our hike.
The 3.5km hike is moderately easy. There are stairs with paw-friendly boards, so you can bring your dogs too. The circle trail takes you along the waterfalls, through the lush forest, and on top of the hill. After 2km we will stop for snacks by an open fire before we continue to enjoy the serene beauty of Finish landscapes. You will see both sides of the River Auttijoki and enjoy the view from the Könkäänvaara Hill lookout point – the highest peak in the area.
There is a cafe near the parking lot where you can see a small exhibition about log floating. Your English speaking guide will tell you more about it. If you like hiking and want to experience the raw beauty of Finnish forests this tour is a perfect choice for you.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transportation during your journey
- Guided hiking 3.5 km trail
- Finnish sausages by the open fire
- Hot beverages
- Outdoor clothing, sturdy hiking shoes
- Gloves, scarf and head-wear (if needed)
- Umbrella and mosquito repellent (if needed)
- Camera & drinking water
- Family friendly tour
- An easygoing experience – no special skills required!
- Small group experience
- At least 2 people are required for this product to take place
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- Not recommended for kids under 4 years old
- Tours include a pick up & drop off transfer from your accommodation in the area of central Rovaniemi. Time for meeting point and place will be confirmed upon the reservation
- Missing the pick-up does not entitle you to a refund of the price paid for the services. You are responsible to be ready for pick up at the assigned pick up point from the start of the pick up time in order to not miss our guides when they arrive to pick you up
- All our guides have undertaken our own training program and are highly qualified. Guidance is provided in English, some of the other languages are available at an additional cost
- Nordic Adventures reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This is also applied to changes in programs due to weather conditions
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- . To be announced (I haven’t booked a hotel yet)
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Nova Skyland Hotel
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa Claus Holiday Village, Lobby/Three elves restaurant
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus
- Santasport Resort Rovaniemi
- Scandic Pohjanhovi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Sky Hotel Ounasvaara