This trip brings small groups to the exotic and unique Lappish landscapes. During this trip, we get to know the healing effects of the forest, ecology, flora and fauna of Lapland and it´s fascinating geology and how the landscapes were formed originally.
We’ll take a refreshing walk in the forest at the Happy Fox forest farm by the Ounasjoki river and become familiar with the pure offerings of the Lappish nature, its trees, flora, berries and their caring and healing effects. Or we’ll drive to a nearby location by car and get to know the Lappish nature, the formation of the landscapes and the geologic history with a geologist.
At the end of the trip, depending the destination, we’ll cook sausages at a lean-to and enjoy them with refreshments or enjoy some herbal tea and berry pie made of natural Lappish ingredients or have a pic nick snack surrounded by nature.
At the Happy Fox we have only local guides with a real knowledge of the arctic nature, so the nature trip with us is a genuine experience.
- Return transportation from pick up places
- Trip to the forest or geological destination
- Knowledge about health benefits of berries and herbs
- Knowledgr about geology of the area
- Stories about Lapland
- Local guides
- Berry pie or sausages by an open fire
- Herbal tea or camp fire coffee
You may attend this tour wearing any outfit suitable for the outdoors. Please pay attention to the weather – a rain coat may come in handy.
We’ll also provide attendees with rainwear (poncho). Due to the wet terrain, please choose your shoes accordingly. Your outfit may also catch the smell of smoke during the tour.
Minimun 2 adults or minimum fee € 190. Program time including transportations, activity time 2 hours.
Pick up places:
- 2:00 pm at Hotel Santa Claus
- 2:15 pm at Santa Claus Village at front of Santa`s Post Office
- 2:30 pm at Happy Fox Forest Farm
Meeting point : Happy Fox Forest Farm
Pickup is offered in following places
- Front of Santa’s Post Office (Santa Claus Village)
- Hotel Santa Claus (City Center)