Do you want to see 450 years old trees? Experience the true beauty of Finnish intact nature? Come join us for the Arctic Circle Hiking tour!
We will take you to the Vaattunkivaara Nature Trail on a light 4km hiking tour. This trail is part of the Arctic Circle Hiking Area, a place of intact nature and serene beauty. We start this tour with hotel pick up and a comfortable ride to Vikajärvi. It's a relatively short ride, 25km from Rovaniemi. You might need to pack rubber boots if it's rainy. Otherwise, you will be fine with any type of sturdy shoes that offer ankle support.
The trail starts at a hanging bridge and stretches through a pine forest. It's not a steep hike, as the trail ascends about 80m to the top of the Vaattunkivaara Hill. There is a campfire site, restrooms, and an observation tower with a gorgeous view. We will take a break with hot drinks and snacks. You can relax in the verdant Finnish forest, enjoy the fresh air and recuperate by an open fire.
This hike is an excellent option for families and those who prefer leisurely hikes. With the help of our guide you will have a unique chance to learn more about Lapland and find out about best things you could do on your vacation.
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Professional English speaking guide
- Transportation during your journey
- Customized 4km hiking tour
- Snacks by the open fire
- Hot beverages
- Seasonal outdoor clothing
- Camera & drinking water
- No special skills required
No meeting points defined for this activity.
Pickup is offered in following places
- . To be announced (I haven’t booked a hotel yet)
- Arctic City Hotel
- Arctic Light Hotel
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel
- Glass Resort
- Hotelli Aakenus
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets Reception
- Nova Skyland Hotel
- Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna
- Santa Claus Holiday Village, Lobby/Three elves restaurant
- Santa Claus Village, Arctic Circle, Snowman World’s reception
- Santa’s Hotel Santa Claus, City center
- Santa’s Igloos reception
- Santasport Resort Rovaniemi
- Scandic Rovaniemi City
- Sky Hotel Ounasvaara