Join us for an afternoon sightseeing cruise to Rovaniemi riverside and soak in to the tales of old times
Rivers are the most important transport routes of all times and as Rovaniemi is located at the crossing of two large rivers, it has adopted the role of the gateway to Lapland. Rovaniemi was a legendary lumberjack town, and the Ounasjoki and Kemijoki rivers were used as floating channels for the log industry from the late 1800 century until end of 1980. You will visit the Kotisaari Island which was a traditional stronghold of the Lumberjacks in Kemijoki, and only with us can you enter this idyllic island. During the cruise, you will pass by the urban city life and the green riverbanks as well as the most iconic places to enjoy the best possible views! Herbal tea and traditional tea bread will be served during the cruise.
Cruise, guidance in English, hot beverage, entrance to Kotisaari Island
Bring along your camera.
On any rainy days we will provide a raincoat which keeps you dry.
Meeting point : Lapland Safaris Rovaniemi Safari Office
Pickup is offered in following places
- Arctic Treehouse Hotel reception
- Hotel Vartiosaari reception
- In front of Arctic Circle Information (for guests staying in Santa Claus Holiday Village, Glass Resort and Nova Skyland Hotel)
- Lapland Hotels Ounasvaara Chalets reception
- Lapland Hotels Sky Ounasvaara reception
- Santa’s Igloos Arctic Circle reception
- Santasport reception